Monday, May 4, 2020

Weekending

Well, I would love to show you how great this past weekend was, but I took 2 pictures. 
Here is one.
This was my attempt at being a fun mom after a frustrating/hard Friday.
It worked for about 2 hours.
We watched a movie and then the boys were going to sleep in the tent together.
That did not happen. 
Well past 10pm Jaxen finally fell asleep on the couch and Zane fell asleep in his room.
By morning, Jaxen was in the tent on his bed and Zane was on the couch with me.
Best laid plans and all :)

Picture two.
Zane had the best time when I put bubbles in his water table!

**********

So - since there is not much more to see from this past weekend,
I’ll share the weekend prior.

Saturday morning Jaxen woke up, laid next to me in bed and took pictures.
They mostly looked like this:

After awhile, we did school work.
A make-up day from not doing school on Friday.
He did really great on his spelling test!
I try to take pictures of his work and upload them on an app for his teacher to see.
I still need to do that...

I had a friend drop by and sit in my driveway for about an hour Saturday morning.
That visit was so nice!!!

After lunch, I took the boys to a trail for a bike ride. 
This is the trail behind our old apartment - and they love it!

This is how it started out….
riding to the first bridge and then getting out to explore/throw rocks in the water.

After they were done, we went on our way and stopped at another little creek.

After that, we kept on and came across this large puddle on the path.
They rode through it just fine.

And then did it again.
And again.
And again.
Over and over.

Before I knew it (and while I was talking with a random walker) this happened...

And then I lost full control of them (in a good way)!

After about 40 minutes, and seriously they could have stayed longer, we finally moved on.
One more time of throwing rocks in the water and then ending playing on this little wall to dry off.

Sunday we enjoyed pizza outside!

After pizza, it was fun in the sprinkler!

And then snacks on the driveway.

Can’t complain about a weekend like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment