Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Now that Zane is 4

Zane has been FOUR for one month now.
Time flies.

Zane has always been a pretty easy baby/kiddo.
As a baby my biggest complaint was night-time.
Still to this day, he has more trouble at night than Jaxen ever did.
He is improving in this area though - he sleeps through the night about 1/2 the time now.
He has turned into a night owl for sure!
I put him to bed between 7:30-8:00pm.
He does not go to sleep until 9-9:30pm most nights.
He will sleep in though - which is nice!

(Jaxen, on the other hand, crashes when he goes to bed around 8-8:30pm.
And is normally up by 7:15am.)

Zane has been pretty mellow most of his life...
until he turned four.
Seriously - it was like a switch....
listening stopped, tantrums started...
it has not been super pleasant.

He is demanding and tells me every time when Jaxen is being rude. 
Most of the time Jaxen is being rude - but it only now bothers Zane - ha!

And the other thing - Zane wants anything Jaxen has. 
Anything. And everything.
If Jaxen made art - Zane wants it and throws a tantrum that he "never had one" before.
If Jaxen is playing with a toy, or has a drink or has anything in his hands - Zane wants it.
It's tiring to say the least.
But we are getting through it.

Zane is still so cute and funny though - good thing!


One day, before Zane turned four, Jaxen, Zane and I were in the car driving when Zane says
"I'm only going to eat my boogers when I'm three. Not four."

Zane asked for vegetables the other day and when I gave him broccoli he said
"I don't eat broccoli now that I'm four."
I assured him he still could eat broccoli and it would help him to grow big and strong.
He said "Ok" and then ate it.

Zane has always let us know when he was done with his bath 
and we dry him off and get him dressed.
One day after Zane turned four, 
he surprised Nik when he came out from the bath dried off and dressed.
Zane told Nik "Now that I'm four I know how to dry off and get dressed!"

Zane keeps us on our toes....

One day, I was talking with my neighbor on our front porch and she looked up and said to me
 “Zane is standing in the doorway naked.”

Less than a week later, I get the following text from the same neighbor: 
Just checking to make sure you know Zane was running after Jaxen down the street
in his underwear, he does have shoes on.”
Should I be glad he had shoes on?!

I'll leave you with one last story...

One night Zane was going pee pee in the potty and this was his conversation with Nik:
Daddy - we are all out of toilet paper!
“Are you going pee pee or poo poo?”
Pee pee
“Ok. Well, you don’t need toilet paper then.”
Daaaaaaad
“What?”
I need toilet paper for my poo poo’s tomorrow!”
“Ooooh. Ok. I’ll put some in the bathroom tonight.”
Thanks dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment