Monday, May 18, 2020

Quarantine - Take 8 (The End)

I'm going to go ahead and say that our time of quarantine is coming to an end.

Our county has lifted some of the stay-at-home restrictions and things are slowly opening back up.

Our kiddos are even getting to play with friends again (outside, at least)!

School is also ending this week.
I'm so glad!

It is a little tough not having all the end-of-year things to mark the occasion.
They boys came home from school on March 12 and never went back.
We will be able to pick up their personal belongings from school this week
(drive-by and a random teacher will hand us a bag with our kids name on it).
I wish they at least had a chance to say bye to their teachers and friends.

Jaxen had a Zoom meeting last week where they took a class picture.
Zane had a Zoom meeting where his teacher showed them a video from the school year. 
I appreciate the efforts.
Just not the same.

Our summer will officially start soon and I should probably do 
something special to mark that occasion, right?!

Also, I am headed back to work on Thursday.
Heading back to work has mixed emotions for me. 
I have been working at home since March 24th.

I have received morning hugs from both of my boys everyday - no matter what time they wake up.
I will miss that if they are not awake before I leave.

I have had company throughout the day in my office.
I will miss those little breaks.

I can hear the boys playing and can even take a break to hang out with them for a few minutes.
I will miss the interaction.

Because I was working at home, Nik was able to sleep in each morning.
Nik will miss that.

Because I was working at home I did laundry throughout the day.
Now I will have to do it all at night.

Because I was working at home, Nik and I were able to have more conversations 
and connect through the day.
We will both miss that.

I am looking forward to my little commute again.
It has been tough some days to jump from mom/wife/employee in a matter of a second.

I am looking forward to the quiet of our office.
Not that it's always quiet - but I won't have to hear the constant noise from the boys...or their music, tv shows, footsteps, doors opening/closing...etc.

I am looking forward to something different.
Working from home has gotten a bit old. 
I have the same routine everyday.
At least at the office - it changes...a little.

I am looking forward to seeing my co-workers.
I have missed them, and Zoom meetings are not the same.

I am looking forward to the ease of the office.
Some of my work has had to be done differently, and in some cases, takes longer.

There are definitely more things that I will miss and enjoy - but, you get the idea.
Enough rambling....all is well!

I will end this post with pictures of Zanes latest drawings - "people with bad germs".
Do you think he is coping well with all that's going on, or do you think he will need therapy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment