Friday, May 15, 2020

Mother's Day Weekend

Did anyone else kind of forget Mother's Day was happening?
It's like I knew it was coming...but I have no sense of time anymore.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my mother-in-law and the many
other "moms" in my life.
I love you all!

Friday night the kiddos and I had a game night!

First, I taught Jaxen how to play Rummikub.
Anyone else like that game?
He beat me.

Then, I played Jenga with Zane.
I beat him.
But his little concentrated-face and fingers are my favorite when we play!
I snapped way too many pictures of him playing...
but he's four now...and I'm taking it all in :)

Saturday, we did some more art work.
Jaxen drew a picture of his character on one of the games he plays.
He did such a good job!

Saturday afternoon I sat outside with a blanket a very good book.
It was the last of my library books that I checked out before Quarantine.
I put off reading it because I knew it was my last,
but I picked it up about a week ago and was looking forward to some
concentrated reading time to finish it up. 
And I was able to have a few hours un-interrupted to finish it up!
It was so nice :)
A perfect Mother's Day gift.

I guess I did have one interruption - the boys brought me some flowers!
And here is our "official" Mother's Day picture:

Later that afternoon we visited with neighbors for a while and I never got dinner going.
So, instead, Nik picked up Wing Stop for us.
Yum - that hit the spot!

Sunday was a pretty relaxing day.
The boys and I watched church while we colored.
I think I laid on the couch for about 3 hours that afternoon, just hanging out with the boys.
Nik ordered Mod Pizza for dinner which was a great ending to a very nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment