Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Celebrating Valentines

Valentines seems like so long ago!
We had a fun day…

Before I get to that, here are a few pics from Zane’s Valentines party at school…


And my favorite…Zane with his teacher, Ms. Kim

Here is a pic of Jaxen before school the day of his party…

Now - back to our Valentines day!

First, I took off work :)
The boys were out of school, so I took a day off so we could have a Family Day.

We started off having friends come over that morning and playing.
A friend of Jaxen’s from school, has a brother Zane’s age and so they came over, with their mom.
The boys had a great time playing and the mom and I got a chance to visit with each other.

After Nik woke up and we had a little lunch we headed to Super Kids Club!

This was the boys valentines gift. 
Well, minus the bag of dum-dums (Zane) and fun-dip (Jaxen) they received.
 

The boys probably played for around 4 hours - they had so much fun!
We took a short break about half-way through to get them a snack/drink
and to pick up groceries - the store was right across the street. 

We gave them a few options for dinner and they chose Freddy’s, which everyone loves!

That evening, Nik had to take a nap and go to work,
but the boys and I had a slumber party in the living room. 
We watched Free Willy.
And they loved it!
Zane could not stop talking about the “big whale” and
Jaxen thought the movie was “very emotional - good things and bad things”. 

They both stayed up and watched the whole thing - shocked me!
I thought they would fall fast asleep, but no.
After the movie, Zane was having trouble sleeping in the living room.
He wanted his bed so I let him sleep in his room.
Jaxen and I finished out our slumber party and slept in the living room.
It was a great day celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment