Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Basketball


What a cutie, right?!
Just don't tell him I said that.

Well, Jaxen's basketball season is over.
It ended sadly in the first round of a tournament this past weekend.
At one point, after the game, every single boy was in tears.
I might have been, too.
The team they played was just better - that's how it goes sometimes,
but we were all hoping for a win and to move a little further in the tournament.

Jaxen was pretty upset, and on the way home I found out
he was more upset about not seeing his teammates again than losing.
I assured him we could see them again...
they were a fun group of boys!

To make matters a bit worse, Jaxen was sick.
I knew he didn't feel great...but he hung in there pretty well most of the day.
Saturday night he started feeling way worse.
On Sunday morning the doctor confirmed he had Strep.
He stayed home Monday and was feeling better,
but Nik had to pick him up from school on Tuesday because he was still pretty tired.

He seems okay tonight.
I'll probably send him to bed early - just to make sure he gets extra sleep,
and then try school again tomorrow!

I don't like it when my kiddos are sick :(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment