Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Weekend Happenings

1. Chores
This weekend, like most, I made my boys do chores.
I’m trying to teach them so that one day, they can just do it on their own.
Exciting thought right?!

2. Laundry
I finally finished switching Zane’s closet out from 3T to 4T.
Which meant even more laundry than normal…
plus all the sorting of clothes to sell, donate and trash. 

3. Cookies
I killed 2 birds with one stone with this one.
I wanted to give the boys an opportunity to make and decorate sugar cookies.
It’s so much fun and I have great memories of doing that with my dad, when I was younger.
Jaxen also needed to make something homemade to sell for the 
2nd grade Marketplace.
Cookies it is!
I made him read the recipe, measure the ingredients and even roll the dough out.
I helped when he needed me, but he did the majority of it by himself. 
Zane loved using the cookie cutters.
He only decorated maybe one cookie though.
Jaxen and I did the rest.
And we had fun!

3. Basketball
Jaxen’s basketball team pulled out their 1st win of the season!
And…Jaxen had 2 steals - way to go!
These pics are curtesy of Zane.

4. Christmas Light Show
Saturday night we went to one of our favorite Christmas Light Shows.
We park the car, tune into a certain radio station and watch the lights as they are timed to the music.
I think it’s very well done and the boys love it!
Pics are bad…and we had a dirty windshield. 
But you get the idea.

5. Snow
We had a winter wonderland this weekend.
It started snowing Sunday morning (church was even cancelled) and did not stop until that night.
It started again on Monday (snow day for the kids) and snowed off and on all day.
Nik shoveled the first time, then I followed 2 more times on Sunday, and 2 more times on Monday.
Got my exercise in :)
The kids really enjoyed playing in it.
Jaxen went to a friends house on Sunday for a few hours.
They played in the snow and even went sledding.
Sayde came over for a bit to play with Zane Sunday, and then to play with Jaxen on Monday.
Nik even got in on some of the action Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment