Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Thanksgiving Break

Our Thanksgiving Break went a little like this:

The kids were out of school Wednesday.
While I worked, Nik took them to a play museum - and they loved it!

That night we kicked off our break with dinner at Freddy's!
My kids love Freddy's (as do I) and it was a nice treat for them.
(It is also conveniently located next to a tire place where we replaced tires on our vehicle that night)

After dinner and when Zane was in bed, Jaxen helped me make "Carla Cakes"
which was requested for our Thanksgiving lunch. 

Thursday morning the boys and I were up a little after 6am -
once we were dressed and ready for the day, we set out to explore a Christmas Tree Farm!
By the time we got there, it was really cold and raining.
And come to find out, Santa and the Hot Cocoa were only there on the weekends.
Bummer.

However, we enjoyed looking around at their great little store.
Zane loved this "poop emoji" wearing a Santa hat.
No - it did not come home with us!

While Nik slept at home,
the boys and I spent the day with our great friends - the Chandlers!
Zane especially loves it there because they have all the dinosaurs and dogs to play with.

Jaxen had a great time playing Tenzi and Monopoly with Marcus and his friend!

We had a very nice time with them -
It was relaxing and the food was good!

We spent the evening with Nik, watching TV and eating leftovers.

I only have one picture from Friday and Saturday:
Playing monopoly with Jaxen

I was not feeling super great - so I actually rested and slept a lot.

I had plans to go shopping with some co-workers, but the plans fell through,
so Nik, the boys and I enjoyed a little bit of Black Friday Shopping.

Sunday, we had to make a quick stop at Wal-Mart and my boys wanted a picture in front of their tree!
This was the best out of about 7 - haha!

After lunch, Nik headed out to work and the boys played.
I worked on laundry, and watched a "performance" the boys and a friend put on. 

Then we ate dinner while watching a Christmas movie and once they were in bed
and Nik was home - we enjoyed watching the Chiefs WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment