Thursday, December 19, 2019

Christmas Open House

I had a great idea to do an "Open House" for our neighborhood this Christmas.
Then I squashed that idea - it was too late to pull off.
But next year...game on!
If I remember in October that I want to do it - ha!

So, instead, I decided to have a virtual open house.
Almost the same, right?!

Imagine walking up to our house, being greeted by 2 cute kiddos.

If you were a kiddo you would make your way downstairs, 
where we would have a craft station setup (next to the tree) and a 
Christmas Movie playing (next to the fireplace).

I let the kiddos decorate the downstairs tree.
This is where all of their ornaments are hung.

If you were an adult, I would hang your coat in our coat closet in the foyer,
and then invite you upstairs.
I kept the foyer really simple - just adding a little tree and some pictures.

You would be welcomed upstairs with Christmas Music!

Have I mentioned lately that I love our navy cabinets?
I do :)
Now…if I could just finish putting a second coat of white paint on the top half of the fireplace, 
I would be very happy!

If I was really doing it right…I would have a little gift for everyone,
wrapped and under my tree!

And look….I finally have blinds up!!!!!

I keep all our Christmas books on the trunk.
It makes it easy to pick one at night when we do reading time.

Most of the gathering would probably happen in our dining room 
where I would have all the baked Christmas goodies!

We would all visit, while enjoying the goodies and drinking hot cocoa!
Sounds perfect, right?!

I love seeing everyone else’s Christmas trees and decorations - 
it is so fun to see personalities come out with fun decorations! 
I wish I could see everyone else’s…
if you’re reading this and want to - send me an email or text with some pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment