Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Weekend Highlights


Jaxen was dead-set on making dinner for everyone Friday night.
He picked his favorite…Cheese/Pepperoni Quesadilla (heated in the microwave).
Nik and I did our best to convince him to add some butter on the 
tortillas and let me “heat” them in the skillet. 
Know what his argument was?
“When you cook, you do it the way you want.
I’m cooking so I get to do it the way I want!"

In case anyone wants the recipe, it is:
Tortillas, Red Sauce, Cheese and Pepperoni.
Lightly spread the red sauce on the tortilla, add cheese, add pepperoni,
top with another tortilla, cook in the microwave for 35 seconds.


Saturday morning Jaxen finally convinced me to teach him how to play Monopoly.
(He has been asking for weeks!)
So I did.
And he won.


 Later that afternoon, he challenged Nik.
Nik won.

And I got to cuddle with this cutie.

I also made dinner, did laundry, worked on our dining room and made a chocolate cake.

Zane fought all the fires to keep us safe!


Sunday we woke up to a snow day and all the churches cancelled. 

Guess what that meant?
A fire and more monopoly.
I gave in after a few hours and landing on Boardwalk (with a hotel) twice.
Nik and Jaxen called it a tie a few hours later.

It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment