Thursday, February 28, 2019

Our Extra Room

We have a 3rd bedroom upstairs that I thought when we moved in,
that it would be one of the boys bedroom.
However, when I asked Jaxen if he wanted his own room,
he looked at me like I was crazy and said, 
“Mom, Zane and I are brothers and brothers share a room!”.
Haha…I’ll remind him of that one day :)

So we let them continue to share a room and will do so
until one of them is tired of the other. 

All that to say - we have an extra room in our upstairs.
When deciding what to do with this room…I knew it did not need to be ‘permanent’ 
due to the fact one of the boys will have it down the road.

This is the only picture I have of the room as it looked when we moved in. 


We have decided to make it an art/craft room!
The boys love art…and I wanted a place we could store their stuff,
have room to work, let it dry (if needed) and then display their creations.

In this room we laid new flooring and that’s it. 
A friend is bringing an oversized chair that will go in there
and we will eventually move the small table that’s in our kitchen in here,
and that will be their craft table. 

I decided not to put anymore effort, time or money into this space
until one of the boys wants it - then we will fix it up for them.
Plus, Jaxen loves the blue walls.
I do not.

But it is a great space for their art, lego’s and play-doh!



Since these pictures were taken (a few weeks ago)
we have added more art…and it’s not near as clean! 

I actually can’t wait to get the table in there (we need to buy an island, first).
We crafted a few hours yesterday (another snow day) and it completely
took over the kitchen!

It's a fun room though and it’s nice that we have the extra space to 
do those kind of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment