Monday, February 25, 2019

Lots of Pictures!

Well, sickness has taken over our household since last weekend.
I thought everyone was finally well and then Jaxen ran a fever on Saturday!
On Sunday afternoon - I crashed and have had bad congestion / headache…etc. since.
So far - Nik and Zane seem good…although I’m just waiting for it to hit them, too. 

Anyway…
Here are some pictures that never made it to the blog.
Grab a cup of soda and snack…it’s a long one :)

We went to NM awhile ago…maybe the first week of Feb?
Here are the very few pictures I took of our time there.

My sister and I :)

She invited Nik and I to a trivia night.
She has a team and they go every other Wednesday.
My mom and Scotty agreed to keep the boys and so we went…
and had a great time.
First off - this trivia thing is really hard!
I hate to admit it - but I didn’t know one single answer all night.
Now…if they had categories like organizing, cleaning, baking, or even excel - 
I might have had a chance! Lol.
However, it was really fun!
I would love to go again sometime.
Oh - and let me tell you - these people are serious about their trivia!
I’ll just leave it at that!
Thanks again, Jessica, for a fun new experience!

Mamaw and Zane

Mamaw is my mom’s mom.
I got to spend a little time with her while I was visiting.
Zane was really sweet with her.
I went back another day with Jaxen and I meant to get a picture
of them also, but forgot.

Cards

My family loves to play games…especially cards. 
I have been teaching Jaxen how to play games and he had the best time playing with us!
The night mom and Scotty kept the boys for us, 
my mom played numerous games of Uno with Jaxen and guess what?
Jaxen won!
I thought mom might have been being nice
(I should have known better…we don’t do that in our family - ha!)
but no…he kept beating her!

Funny story -
When we got home Jaxen and I played some Uno and he kept beating me!
He told me that he was now the “Beast of Uno” and I told him he had to beat me
five times to earn that title. 
Guess what - he did!
He beat me 5 games to 3. 
He is now the “Beast of Uno” as he likes to call himself.
While we were out shopping one day after we came home, 
he found a shirt in his size, that says “Beast”.
Too funny.
I’ll have to get a picture of him in it!

Zane Cooking

Zane loves to help me cook, or really, stir.
I cannot keep him away from the stove if I am standing here stirring.
Even while we were out of town, he pulled a chair over, hoped up and stirred with me.

Aliens

I can’t help it.
When we go to Roswell and see new Alien stuff we have to take a picture.
It didn’t hurt that this one was outside of Dunkin’ Donuts!
It is huge. It just makes me laugh. 
Oh, Roswell :)


And that’s all the pictures I took!
We had a really nice time. 
It was a good visit, plus the weather was nice.
We got to take the boys to a couple of parks and they got to play outside too!
I always says this…
We don’t get to Roswell often enough - just once a year, but I’m so grateful when we do get to go!


I’ll leave you with a few other pics…


Our weekends are super low-key and I love it that way!
Nik (and I) get to catch up on rest and we get some great family time in.
One Saturday, I set the boys up in the living room for quiet time with a mattress
and they thought it was the best thing ever.
They were quiet (and happy) and I’m pretty sure I took a nap next to them on the couch!


I do not like the game of Life. Not sure why… but I don’t.
Jaxen was begging to play it and so Nik finally agreed!
Give me all the card games…but not the game of Life.
Anyone else?!


Zane is obsessed at the moment with being a fire-fighter.
Nik found this costume on major clearance after Halloween and we gave it
to Zane for Christmas - what a hit!
He loves it and wears it multiple times a day.
He also like to be a fire-fighting-ninja :)


This kid. 
Too cute, right?!
He was showing off his muscles. 


We have had the snow days this year!
Crazy…apparently this is not normal for KC.
The boys were helping us shovel. 
They like to help for about 10 minutes, like to play for another 10 minutes
and then want to go warm up inside by the fire!
Please note: Jaxen is in Christmas pajamas, and Zane is in his fire-fighter costume!

That’s all for tonight - a little peak into our lives!



No comments:

Post a Comment