Sunday, January 6, 2019

Life Lately

Life lately has been….really good!
I had about 10 days off from work over the Holidays and it was sooo nice!
I loved the time at home…
it was the perfect blend of cleaning, organizing, laundry, 
cooking, baking, relaxing, and hanging with the family.

Nik’s parents stayed with us over the Holidays and we all enjoyed it so much -
they helped with putting our house somewhat-together, they watched the kiddos so Nik
could get a bit more sleep, they played with our boys, loved on them, visited with me while
Nik was working/sleeping (so I didn’t get lonely - ha!), fed our boys ice cream and
gave Nik and I two date nights!!!!





I did not take a ton of pictures but here are a few from the past few weeks - 

Zane was chowing down broccoli on Christmas day (along with a hot dog).
The rest of us had: steak, loaded mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole,
broccoli salad, deviled eggs, rolls and chocolate pie (I think that was all)!


The boys have had fun been in trouble with the markers here lately...


Stickers are much better!



One evening Kay and I took the boys to a light show…
and on the way, we stopped at this random house. 
It had hundreds of Christmas Inflatables.
And the boys had so much fun running through them all (it was open to the public).


We also hit up Chuck E Cheese to use extra “tokens” Jaxen had from his Birthday.


The boys were helping me bake “Carla Cakes” the weekend before Christmas,
that we shared with the Chandlers.
They invited us all out for dinner and a bonfire.


After the boys got their scooters, I took them on a walk/ride to the park…in Santa hats!
We waved and said “Merry Christmas” to everyone we saw. 
Zane looks miserable - but he wasn’t. 
Next to our park, there is a skate park - which Jaxen enjoyed on his scooter!


They boys are enjoying all the bubbles and bath stuff they received for Christmas!


One cute kid, enjoying Christmas...


and the furniture store!


Jaxen and I enjoyed hot cocoa and Uno one morning.


Jaxen’s new favorite phrase is “that’s solid”. 
He’s a cool kid :)


Zane has enjoyed playing with his mud and trucks everyday. 


And look what Nik and I received for Christmas…
an ornament that Jaxen made!
We love it.


We have enjoyed many lazy days which some included painting!
I should have taken pics of the final artwork…but forgot!


And in other good news… Jaxen lost his 2nd tooth!


Have I told you that Zane loves to get into everything?!
Well, cleaning the toilet was a new favorite.


Tomorrow, Jaxen starts at his new school and we get back to “normal”.
I think I am ready for normal…
 I have meal planned, bought groceries, and have clothes laid
out for tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment