Friday, August 31, 2018

Road Trip: Get-a-way - Part 1

While we were still in the planning stages of coming to Georgia, Danielle sweetly offered to keep our boys if Nik and I wanted to go away for a night or two alone! Um….Yes! So we looked at places that were within 3 hours and places we had never been. Hilton Head caught our eye. Plus it is ‘off-season’ there, which mean not-outrageous-hotel-prices! Win-win.

Tuesday morning we took off and drove 3 1/2 hours. 
We arrived and ate lunch near our hotel.
After lunch we were trying to decide what to do, because it was raining!
We looked up what movies were showing at the theaters and found
one that sounded good to both of us - Alpha.
I liked the movie.
I loved the popcorn and soda, I loved the reclining seats and 
I loved this time with Nik even more.
I have not been to a movie in years, so this was a nice treat for me!

By the time our movie was over - the rain had stopped and we were ready to explore this island!
We drove to Harbour Town, which was about 15 min from where we were staying.
(see red star on map)

They had a light house, lots of restaurants, shopping, golf courses and gorgeous homes!
(Next time, someone remind to do something with my hair 
when I take pictures with beautiful scenery! Lol.)

I made Nik stop driving and us get out right about the time the sun was setting.
It was breath-taking!

A very kind lady offered to take a few pictures of us!

Pretty awesome!
After the sun set - we drove some more and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
Those golf courses - I should have taken pictures - were sooo beautiful!
We ended the night back down by our hotel for a late dinner and 
then hung out on the beach to listen to the waves and look at the stars. 

Next up: Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment