Monday, August 27, 2018

Road Trip: Georgia Bound!

We jumped rolled into the car at 4am on Saturday morning to make the 14+ hour trek to Georgia. Yes, we are crazy. But one of my favorite people (and her family) live there, and it had been way too long since we had seen each other.

I met Danielle when we lived in Watertown and we clicked. She is awesome. And I want to be like her when I grow up :) Her family re-located to Georgia about a year before we relocated to Wolcott. I still got to see her a few times when they came north to visit family, but not often. Then we moved. And now - well, we have no common towns anymore. I am thankful that our friendship has held on and lasted over the years. We talk/text/video often…but it was just time to see each other! Nik and I talked it over and decided to make it a family trip….so he we are!

The boys are living their best life…new (to them) toys, friends (Danielle’s kids) to play with, and a pool in the back yard! Nik and I are having a great time too. It is relaxing, stress-free, and fun to hang with friends!

I have taken very few pictures since we have been here, but I did take some fun ones while Nik, Jaxen and Zane were swimming.

Jaxen loved Nik throwing him into a back flip in the water!




Jaxen was taking Nik for a ride around the pool, in this floatie.



After swimming, Zane laid in my lap and fell asleep.
This never happens.
I soaked up the all the cuddles I could - and then woke him up - lol!
(He does not sleep at night if he takes a long nap).


The boys are going to stay with our friends for two days while 
Nik and I have a little get-a-way tomorrow!
I’m so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment