Monday, June 25, 2018

My 1/2 Marathon Journey - Signing Up

Guess what?
I signed up to run a 1/2 marathon!
Seriously.
I am paying to run.
Crazy, right?!


First of all, its for a good cause.
Clean water for children and communities in Africa.
Many people, including children have to walk an average of 3 miles one way
to get water - and it’s often not even safe to drink.

Second, I just felt convicted about doing this.
We were in church one Sunday, back in May, and we heard a
guy sharing his story about training and running a 1/2 marathon,
and how it changed his life and the lives of so many others.
And it was then that I knew it was just something I needed to do.

I want to be a part of something bigger than myself.
To join with others and help raise money to give people access to clean water.

I needed to get out of a rut I was in.
A mental, physical and spiritual rut.
Running a 1/2 marathon is not something I can do on my own -
but it is something I can do with the Lord’s strength and help!

So - I am :)

And I want to invite you to join with me…
not by running - but by changing lives, bringing clean water to children.


I want to run 1 mile for 2 children.
A 1/2 marathon is 13 miles.
13miles x 2children = 26total children.

$50 brings clean water to 1 child.
$50 x 26children = $1,300 (which represents 13 miles).

If you feel led and would like to support me in this endeavor,
you can go to my official Team World Vision Page and donate!

Click HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment