Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This and That

I hope you are not too tired of reading all my very random blog posts with (hopefully) a few pictures thrown in there….because that is what you are getting tonight! I’m just going to sit down and type and upload any recent pictures - and then call it good.

Here we go….

Today when I picked Jaxen up from Mothers Day Out they told me that after they came back from playing in the gym he went in the corner of the room and laid down on the rug and stayed there for about 20 minutes! That is so funny to me. I guess he was tired and needed to rest! After he laid there, he just got right up and started playing again!

It probably looked a little something like this -


Except with pants on! He has been doing this a lot. Just randomly laying down on the floor. Anywhere.  One day it was in front of the stove in the kitchen. Another day, his head was laid down in the cabinet. And while I was folding his clothes, he even tried to lay his head down in the dryer! They nap on the floor at Mother’s Day Out, so I guess this is where he gets it!

Speaking of Jaxen being tired…he has been waking up super early in the mornings. Like between 5:30 and 6:30. We are trying to train him to go back to sleep (because that is just way too early for us!) or play quietly until we are ready to be awake. Let’s just say that it is not going too good! I think instead, he is training us to be up super early - ha!

And since we are talking about Jaxen sleeping…here are a few sleeping pictures -




Can you tell that his favorite nap spot is with his dad, on the couch? 


If you don’t follow me on Pinterest…you need to! Just sayin’.

Recently, I have made some magnificent stuff! 

Homemade Iced Coffee (where it brews overnight, in the fridge); Texas Trash (basically - warm, creamy bean dip); Brown Sugar Pound Cake; Toasted Coconut Pound Cake; Crunchy Chicken Salad… it is all so very yummy. And all those are pinned on my Recipes Board.

This past weekend, Nik made Homemade Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter. And he loved it! Actually, so did Jaxen. And the whole reason I’m telling you about this is because Nik and Jaxen were having that as a snack tonight. Jaxen ate about as much as Nik did! I did get a few pics of it in the making - 



That’s about it. Yummy Pinterest stuff!

One last little thing before I end this blog post. Saturday morning we were out taking a stroll through the neighborhoods when I spotted 2 wooden-slated chairs sitting by the curb (which means FREE). And I knew we could not pass them up - they are so cute! And I knew that if we took the time to walk home and come back with a vehicle they would be gone. So I did what anyone would do - asked Nik if we could carry them home. So there we are, walking with a stroller and a chair slung over each of our shoulders! It was a pretty funny sight. Nik barely let me a get a picture -


I was laughing so hard at the sight of us walking home that day! If I haven’t said it lately…Nik is such a great husband. There are not many husbands who would have done this for their wife!

And that’s a wrap, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment