Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Halloween

We finally got around to carving our pumpkins on October 30th - nothing like the last minute!




Carving pumpkins is not my favorite thing. In fact, it’s a bit stressful and overwhelming. At one point I hollered at Nik “I need chocolate” and he fed me a Reese’s like the good husband he is while kids were climbing on me, talking my ear off and my hands were deep in pumpkin goo!


The results were pretty fun though!

We had some orange lights I was going to put inside the pumpkins to help make them festive, but the battery got left in and corroded the battery pack. 😟 Glad I keep around old christmas light strands!


The plan for Halloween night was the same as it is every year (per my kids)…. build a campfire and invite the people. We did and they came! We normally offer up some food - but this year I only had marshmallows on hand. Everyone was glad when one of my friends came bearing a pot of chili!

Jaxen decided to dress up as a football player - which meant he wore his own football stuff (please note - he put on his pants over sweat pants and put his pads/jersey over a clashing-color sweatshirt - sigh). When looking for a costume for Zane he found a pair of (almost too small) skeleton pajamas. And that was that. He wanted to be a skeleton. We bought black hairspray and face paint, but his friend from school gave him an extra skeleton mask so Zane wore it instead. For about 5 minutes. And then he was done. So basically Zane ran around all night in too small pajamas - haha!



Did I mention it was cold? So cold. In the upper 20’s / low 30’s. And the kids could care less! They had a great time playing with friends and trick or treating until late into the night. 

We did not even come in the house until 10pm - which is super late for us!

Once people arrived, I did not take a single picture. I did get one from friends of the boys piled in the back of a truck, heading to a different neighborhood to trick-or-treat.


It was a fun night - but I’m glad it’s November. Looking forward to a great next two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment