Tuesday, June 29, 2021

My Birthday

Guess what?
I'm 40.
I am now officially in my 40's. 
Crazy.

Good thing I had some distractions this past weekend to keep me from spinning out :)

Thursday, my friend Danielle flew in to see me! I picked her up from the airport and then went to one of my favorite local breakfast places before heading home for her to nap and me to work. We enjoyed a low-key afternoon/evening at home with the family - visiting and catching up!

Friday we went blueberry picking!

May be an image of Danielle Lenee and Carla Davis

Afterward, we did a little shopping (I bought a new hat and purse) before we headed to lunch at a favorite local BBQ place and then we got massages! The 'massage experience' was so relaxing and wonderful. I took a recommendation from a co-worker and it did not disappoint. We arrived early to change into robes and "relax" with a foot soak. Then we each received a 30-minute massage and we ended back in the "relax" area. So nice! We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out and then we all had Mexican for dinner.
 
After dinner I was surprised with Crumble Cookies - oh so good! We ate them on the couch, straight from the box. Delicious!!!!

May be an image of 3 people, including Carla Davis and Danielle Lenee, food and indoor

Saturday, the whole gang headed out to the City Market in downtown KC. A little bit of everything came home with us.... flowers, root beer, fresh corn, digging minerals, soap, a puppy puppet, pita bread.... it was so fun! 

After the market, we hit up a new spot for lunch - the Iron District. Think food vendors and small shops in shipping containers. Such a cute little area! 
 

 
I tried to take the boys swimming that afternoon, but it started raining on the drive to the pool - bummer! We enjoyed a movie on the couch instead. And fresh tamales from a local place is what we enjoyed for dinner that night, followed by ice cream from our favorite - Andy's!

Sunday (my actual birthday) was another great day! We went to church and then headed home for leftovers before driving out to the lake to canoe :) We had to wear the life jackets - but look how cute we all are!


 
We had a great time on the water. It was perfect weather too! Rusty and Diane were in a canoe, Nik and Jaxen were in a canoe and then Danielle and I had Zane - until the end, then he joined up with Nik and Jaxen. Look how cute they are!




 
We will definetely do that again!
 
After playing some cards that afternoon I ate a delicious birthday dinner...a rib-eye and salad (there was also fresh corn on the cob).



The four days leading up to my 40th were so much fun.
 
Actually - I started my birthday celebration a bit early, with some shopping and a date night with my cutie husband :)
 



My experiences were fun, my people are awesome, the food was fantastic - it was a birthday to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment