Wednesday, May 19, 2021

New Mexico

Last week we headed out of town to NM!
 
The boys get a little stir crazy in the car so outside of Amarillo we stopped at a very nice rest area and let them play on the playground a while.
 

 
Jaxen and I loved the views!
Don't mind my sleepy, no makeup, glasses on look. 
Instead, notice how sweet my oldest is being - these days are fleeting!


 
Have you ever driven through West Texas or New Mexico? 
This picture does not do it justice - but it is one of many dust bowls we drove through.


 
After a 12 hour car ride, we made it!
 
We spent the next few days going through some of my mom, Scottys and dads things.
I found some wonderful treasures....
 
My dad's business caps....


My mom and dad's engagement announcement...

 
A scrapbook....

 
and fun pictures of my dad in high school!

 
Amongst those treasures (plus many more) there were a lot of items that were good, but not needed. 
So we had a garage sale!

 
In-between sorting through 2 sheds, a garage and a storage unit, we had fun playing games! 
It's one of our favorite things to do as a family :)





We did take some time to hang out with the boys at a nearby lake - more on that in the next post!

We arrived home late Saturday night / early Sunday morning. 
This kid looks like we all felt after another long drive!



It was worth it though! 
I love spending time with my mom, sister and other family members. 
It's never really long enough, but I'm thankful I get to see and spend time with them when we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment