Friday, May 7, 2021

Life Lately

I am pausing from the remodel posts to give you a glimpse into our life lately!

This is probably not a true glimpse because I have been terrible at taking pictures! Plus, I would really need to record our life, instead of capture it through a picture to give you a real update...but you get the idea :)

The boys love the library! I met Nik and the boys at the library one day when they were out of school. They picked out some books, movies and then had fun using the computers! Jaxen is learning to use Microsoft Office so he enjoys creating in Word, Excel and Power Point.

 
Rusty and Diane love to visit (and pet) puppies. We were out shopping at Garage Sales one day when we found ourselves at the local pet store. We went in and had a fun time playing with the puppies. Zane is ready to go back!


 
Guess what? We are now trampoline owners. The boys are pumped - I'm neither here nor there about it. But a co-worker ended up with an  "extra" trampoline (long story) and she offered it to us. The boys enjoy it...however there is probably a trampoline at every other house on our street (most of which are bigger) so they normally play other places with friends. But I am looking forward to this summer when I can hook up the sprinkler under the trampoline :) Zane and his friends will love it! Not sure about Jaxen.... we will have to see.

 
Zane got to visit a car museum one afternoon (with Nik, Rusty and Diane).



 
And this was a funny vehicle we saw at the park one day!

 
It's garage sale season! Diane and I hosted a neighborhood Garage Sale at our house last weekend. We didn't mean for it to be a "neighborhood" sale in our front yard...but the neighbors were more than happy to drop off their things - haha! Traffic was a lot slower than I expected, but we got rid of lots of stuff (and made a little money along the way). I highly recommend that if you want to have a garage sale - do it with a friend!

 
Roasting hot dogs for dinner around the campfire pit? Yes, please.


Lunch date with my cutie husband...at Sam's Club....buying toilet paper! We are trying to take advantage of a few more lunch dates before school ends and we never have a second alone again...until Fall. Bit dramatic?! Of course.

And last...the top moment of my week:
When Zane gave me my Mother's Day presents he made at school. 
This is a drawing of me and Zane (when is grown up). Please notice my hair. He pointed that out to me :)

And a pretty butterfly....

And my favorite....


Being Zane (and Jaxen's) mom is one of the best things! Who knew I needed them in my life? God did! 
 
Happy Mother's Day to all the momma's out there.... biological or not! 

I'm thrilled to get to spend the day with my mom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment