Friday, June 26, 2020

Summer Fun List

Summer is well underway and for us (and probably you) it just appeared.
There was nothing significant that happened to help usher us into this time of year - it just was.
And that's okay.
However, you know I like a good "season-list" of things to do -
so I decided to do one, with what's left of summer!
The boys and I had a quick conversation and although there were answers like "play with dinosaurs" and "play video games" - we did come up with a nice short list.

DAVIS FAMILY SUMMER FUN LIST

Campfire
Fishing
Water Park
Playground
Splash Pad
Road Trip
Blueberry Picking*
*Jaxen made sure to tell me he only wanted him and I to go...no friends, and no Zane. 

I'll be sure to keep you posted!

**********

Before I had a chance to post the above, we marked a few things off our list!

Campfire
Jaxen has been begging to have a campfire the last few weeks.
But it has just been too hot!
Until last Friday.
Well, it was still hot, but it was the coolest night we had in awhile,
and according to the weather, will have for awhile.
So I gave in, and we had a campfire with some neighbor friends!

Splash Pad
I took the boys to a Splash Pad on Father's Day so Nik could take a little nap.
I thought it was fun.
Zane had a BLAST - but Jaxen got a little bored after awhile.

I have at least one more on my list to try out this summer
(and maybe I'll take a friend with us for Jaxen)!

The progression of a water slide:
1) fill bucket with water 2) climb to top of slide 3) pour water down slide
4) hurry down while water is still on slide

Jaxen did find a "secret" spot in the trees near the splash pad - so that was fun for him!

Stay tuned for more summer adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment