Monday, November 4, 2019

Weekend Recap

Saturday morning the boys and I painted!
They love painting.
I think Jaxen’s favorite part though, was using my blow dryer to dry our paintings.
After some time, Zane and I were painting pictures and
bringing them to his desk so Jaxen could blow dry them.
It was his job.
And he did it well :)

Once the Library opened, we headed there!
I had a book on hold and thought the boys would enjoy some time spent there.
They looked at books, played on the computer and put on a puppet show for me. 

After about an hour we wrapped it up and headed home with some great books in hand!

They have recently opened a new branch of the public library not far from us.
I’m excited to try it out with the boys. 

After Library, it was home for lunch and then off to the Zoo!
We met up with a few co-workers and enjoyed a beautiful fall day with the animals.


Did you know I like camels?
I didn’t. 
But I do!

I am not sure what it is about these guys, but I just loved them!

 The boys enjoyed petting the sting rays.

Jaxen and I enjoyed some really good hot cocoa at the zoo!

We were thrilled to get to see so many elephants!
A few were pretty close to us.
We all love the elephants.

After a short ride on some tractors and the sea lion show we headed home.

The boys were pretty pooped so I put them to bed earlier than normal.
Then I remembered…
Time change.
I should have at least let them stay up until their normal bedtime.
But I didn’t think about it in time.

Yes, they were up early.
5:50am early.

We headed to church (and arrived early), then came home to watch the Chiefs and eat pizza.
Halfway through the game, I had to take Jaxen to a Christmas Music Rehearsal.
So I took Zane as well so Nik could nap and then Zane and I found
ourselves at Michaels and Kirklands.
I love those stores!
And I love that I scored a “thankful” banner for my fireplace, 6 fall (plate) chargers,
and a fall sign (for my office) for around $14!
I love 80% off sales!

After Zane and I shopped I took him home and headed to get Jaxen.
With a swing through Sonic.
We arrived home to find neighborhood boys in our front yard :)
So Jaxen and Zane joined in for some fun (and whining, fighting…).
Tired boys.

Nik suggested a campfire and before we knew it…
it was dark outside, we were gathered around the fire with some neighbors,
eating marshmallows and halloween candy.
And then roasting hot dogs for dinner.

Doesn’t get much better than that on a fall night, right?!

We finished up our “dinner” called it a night and put the boys to bed.
We finally saw the Chiefs pull off a WIN (around 8:30pm)!!!

And we almost had to threaten one of the neighbor boys to not tell us how the game ended!



No comments:

Post a Comment