Monday, November 26, 2018

Weekend Recap

Well, we officially live at our new home!
To be honest, it’s been a rough couple of days - but we are hanging in.

Here’s a weekend recap for you, starting with Thursday…

We laid low Thursday morning, watching the parade and baking chocolate chip lava cookies.
Then we headed out around 10:30am to our friends, the Chandlers (hence the cc lava cookies - I couldn’t show up empty handed…it’s their favorite!).
We enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving!

Friday, I’m pretty sure we worked at the house all day.
It’s a blur…but we were either at the house or at the apartment, packing.

Saturday - we moved!
I don’t have much else to say - it was a long, hard day.
But we slept in our new home that night :)

Sunday, we were up early and out the door for church by 8:35am.
While moving, I discovered a bin of winter 2T clothes…overalls and super cute coat for the win!
I snapped these cute pics of Zane at the church, while waiting on Nik and Jaxen. 


After church we headed to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa and play in their Toy Wonderland.
Santa didn’t come until later in the day - so now we have to go back at some point.
But, Jaxen and Zane had the best time seeing the fish, and playing! 


I was able to get this precious picture of Jaxen.


I tried to get one of Zane, and these are what I got…which crack me up :)


Once Zane discovered the “play mud” and trucks…he was one happy little guy!


We left Bass Pro in blizzard conditions and it did not let up until after dark.


And this was Monday morning.


So what do you do when it’s blizzard-like conditions, your husband is at work,
you just moved in to a new house and nothing is unpacked or organized yet?

Decorate for Christmas!

We put this cute little tree up in the boys bedroom.
Well, we decorated it downstairs because that’s where all my stuff was,
and then I carried it upstairs to their bedroom.


Half-way through we found Santa hats and took selfies.


I also put up a tree in our basement for us to enjoy while we are down there.
(Which is most of the time right now, while we are still working upstairs).


 It is not finished by any means…there are maybe 20 ornaments on it,
plus I need to get some stocking hangers, and hide a few cords…
but it’s pretty cozy down there!


The boys found their little nativity and Jaxen was explaining to Zane who everyone was -
it was pretty cute until they started beating up baby Jesus and making the 
sheep knock over all the people like it was a bull instead of a sheep!


 Because of the snow, we had a snow day on Monday 
(well, except Nik - he worked Sunday and Monday).
I was very thankful for the extra time off of work - we got a ton accomplished at the house!

But first, a game of Sorry with Jaxen…at 6:40am.
Who does that?!

The boys did venture outside for a bit…once I pieced together some clothing
(most of our snow gear is packed away).
But they had fun for a while!


 Whew - That was a long post!
I’ll try to post more on the house later this week…once things are a little more together!

No comments:

Post a Comment