Sunday, November 18, 2018

Weekend Happenings - House Edition - Part I

A lot happened this weekend - take a look!

The boys bedroom is almost complete!
It has been painted (gray and one wall blue). Jaxen’s choosing.
I think it’s a bit much…but he loves it!
I’ll tone it down with curtains and wall hangings.

I took everything out of the closet (there were lots of random shelves)
painted it, and re-hung one clothes rod.
And I even took off the fan blades, peeled stickers, cleaned it and put them back up.

All that is left is the flooring, a wall vent and a curtain rod to be hung.

Here is the “before” picture.

And do you know what’s even a bit crazier than painting a “KC Royals” blue wall?
Letting my 6 and 2 year-old help!
They went with me to pick the paint color, pick up the stuff and then painted!
And I have to say…yes, it could have been done faster, neater, and cleaner…
but we had the best time and made memories in our home.
I hope I never forget that. It was such a fun time!

One more thing before the pics -  I made my kiddos take off their clothes.
Paint is easier to wash off of bodies than out of clothes. 
But it was cold…and Jaxen eventually talked me into letting him put clothes back on.
And yes, they have paint on them now. You win some, you lose some :)
 

 

After we all painted the blue wall - I let Jaxen help me paint the rest of the walls,
the closet and the laundry room!

Here is the laundry room:


All it needs is flooring and electric covers!
Here is the before…

Even more happened this weekend - but that’s for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment