Sunday, November 4, 2018

Life Lately

Well, life has been exciting here lately!

I went to Seattle for a work trip last week and had a great time. It was lots of work, long hours - but very rewarding!

Me, at the Seattle Museum of Flight for a fundraising event!

While I was gone, Nik’s parents came and helped out with the kiddos! We are grateful to live (a little) closer to family right now.

Nik is getting transferred at work from being a supervisor in the unloading area of UPS to being a supervisor of the loading area. He will be training this week and next for that position and learning the ropes of the newly built section of the building.

Jaxen is rocking 1st grade still. He has become (more of) a social butterfly and it is so fun to watch his personality grow. 

Zane is picking up new words on the daily. His favorite right now is “chocolate milk”. Nik ran in the store today for laundry soap and brown sugar (can you guess what my afternoon consisted of?) and for a few minutes after Nik got out of the car, all Zane would say is “dad chocolate milk me”? It was pretty cute.


The most exciting thing here lately though…is that we are buying a house! We are supposed to close on the house this coming Friday (also, our anniversary), if all goes as planned. So we will sign (our life away) a bunch of papers and then my friend agreed to keep our boys for the night so we can go to dinner and a movie for our anniversary. Possibly after that - every free minute we have will be spent at the new house tearing up old floor, putting in new floor, painting, cleaning, possibly tearing out 1/2 a wall, adding in a 1/4 of a wall and moving. Whew! 




So that’s us here lately!

Today I made all my boys lay down - they needed it! While they laid down I did laundry, baked oatmeal cookies, baked chocolate chip cookies, am blogging and them I’m going to lay down myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment