Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A Little Bit of Everything

Here is a little bit of everything for you today...

We had to quarantine our boys for a few days last week while we waited on the COVID test results of one of their friends. Thankfully, the test was negative! While Zane was quarantined, he would drag his chair to the end of the driveway and talk to his friends. That is cute and sad at the the same time. Doesn't that just sum up 2020 though?!

The minute the kids heard that their friends test was negative - they bolted! They missed their friends so bad! This is not a picture of that moment...although it could have been :) but this is a picture of Zane's trail...of clothing on another day. He ran in to change from his play clothes to his swim clothes and this is what I found...undies on one step, then shorts, shirt, socks and shoes at the top. Haha!

I don't get many quiet, sweet moments with Zane anymore - but when I do - I eat them up! We are not going to talk about my gray hair....We are going to talk about how Zane wanted me to play a game with him on his PJ Mask Watch and about that sweet hand on my face.

Zane was invited to hang out at the neighbors this weekend while they were having a family get-to-gather. It was so sweet of them to include him! It's hard to see, but Zane is at the little picnic table eating with 5 other kiddos, and living his best life!

Since Zane was occupied with his friends, I made the "big" kids a bubble pool. They had a great time playing in the bubbles and then hoping on their bikes (wet and bubbly) riding down the street. They even came up with a gang name The Wet Riders - haha! They no longer call themselves that though, because as one kid pointed out - they don't always want to be wet when they ride their bikes :)

Saturday morning our family hit the road to downtown KC and enjoyed the Farmers Market! We purchased a delicious cantaloupe, some asparagus, fresh corn, pita bread and candy from the local candy store (of course). We heard music from a very cool band and enjoyed all there was to see!

Nik brought the boys by one day to see me at work. They sat outside our office and enjoyed their huge donuts! Seriously...those things were big! That night I introduced Jaxen to Scrabble. I really enjoyed it and want to play again - I don't think he felt the same.

The past few days we have had the best weather. Cooler but still gorgeous days. I read an entire book on Saturday, mostly while sitting outside. We also cleaned up our garage (from our garage sale a few weekends ago), I mowed the grass and we got a few more house things accomplished this weekend!

These are the days I want to remember as my kids get older 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment