Monday, January 20, 2020

Catching Up

Well, I haven't blogged much because I don't have much to blog about!
But here's a few things to catch you up on the Davis Family in 2020....

Nik's Birthday:
Nik and I had a fun time celebrating his birthday!
We got a kid-sitter and headed out to the movies to see Ford v Ferrari and
then ate at our favorite Greek restaurant!

School:
Both boys are back at school!
Well, with the exception of a few snow days, a few sick days, and a few holiday-days off.

Sick Kiddos:
Zane has been the sick one this month.
After his hospital stay over the New Year, he has been sick 2 weekends.
Poor guy.
Upset tummy / fevers / extra tired…
not sure, but maybe…hopefully he is all better?!

Snow Days:
The last two Fridays, school and work (for me) was cancelled due to snow/ice.
(Nik's work is never cancelled).
Between the Christmas/New Year's break and two snow days,
we are getting used to long weekends.
And this household is not sad about that! Ha!

Organizing/Purging: 
One of the perks to snow days and cancelled weekend activities is that I 
get the opportunity to make a dent in my organizing/purging plan! 
I have re-arranged the boys room; 
the boy's "art room" is now my "get ready to garage-sale room";
and we finally almost-finished my laundry area!
(I say almost because we still have to fix some places in the wall, add an ironing board holder, 
a broom holder, baseboards and a new light fixture - 
but it's functional now, and so much better than it was!)
  
I am slowly making my way through every room, closet, cabinet, drawer, and box we have -
purging, to (hopefully) only keep items that are needed.
I hope to have a Garage Sale this spring!

Football:
Go Chiefs!

I have to show you these pictures from yesterday.

These two guys were exhausted.
This was about an hour before the game - I woke Nik up when the game started,
but he could not keep his eyes open.
So he slept most of the game. As did Zane.
I enjoyed my buffalo wings, my QT soda, and the Chiefs WIN by myself!

So excited for the Super Bowl!!!!
GO CHIEFS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment