Friday, December 8, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

This year for the Thanksgiving holiday the boys and I drove to NM to see my mom and sister. After a little research (thanks to my blog) I realized it had been 12 years since I spent Thanksgiving with them - too long! So I left Nik behind to work and sleep and we hit the road early Sunday morning (before Thanksgiving). 

We were there a full week, which was so nice! I, of course, did a few projects while I was there - cleaned out the pantry, hung curtains, re-arranged furniture, organized closets, and did some cleaning....all of which is fun when it's not at your own house, right?!

My poor mama fell a few days before we arrived and broke her arm (between her elbow and shoulder). She was still in some pain while we were there but was a trooper and played lots of games with us - you know that is our favorite thing to do! The boys are learning more and more games and we enjoyed playing together with them, too!

Zane and I were sharing a bed the first few nights there, but then I decided to sleep on my own, in another room. When Zane asked why the next morning - this is the pic I showed him...

Sums it up, right?  

Guess what we had for our Thanksgiving meal? Enchiladas (green chile chicken, green chile beef, and red beef), rice, beans, chips and salsa. And it was sooo good! In fact, we ate those leftovers at least 4 other times - LOL!

I did take the boys to the UFO McDonald's one day for lunch. Zane wanted his picture taken with the aliens.

I also "made" mom start enjoying the Christmas season early and decorated her house on Friday (after Thanksgiving). She has strict rules about not decorating before Thanksgiving...and really, before December 1 is still a little too early. But she obliged :) 

Zane helped me a little bit and when he was setting up the Nativity scene, he took some of the "grass" off the stable and covered up baby Jesus. Haha! He knew baby Jesus probably had a blanket, but there was not one to use in the Nativity so he used what he could to cover up his private parts :)

I had brought some crafts and activities for the boys to do and guess who enjoyed them more - the adults (my mom, sister and me)! LOL. We painted a nativity scene, decorated Christmas cookies my sister even started an embroidery project! I think my sister took other pics, but I have this one of my mom - which I LOVE - look at that smile :)

I had a WONDERFUL time and can't wait to go back!

We hit the road home the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Look at Zane, living his best life...shirt off, puppy next to him, apple in hand, movie playing! The boys did SO WELL on the drive there and back. They were real troopers!

I am so grateful for the time with my family and the precious memories that we made!

No comments:

Post a Comment