Thursday, August 11, 2022

Back to School

It's school time!

The boys had their first (1/2) day today and all went well! 

On Monday we were able to go into the school, find classrooms, meet teachers and drop off school supplies. I know some parents don't like that and do not participate - but I think it is super helpful. One reason being the kid does not have to lug all the supplies to school on the first day - especially since it is more that what can fit in a backpack! And most important, I think, is that it's gets the kids a bit more excited! Once they see their friends (and for my boys, their lockers) - they are all smiles. 

See what I mean?




And here is the official 1st day of school pics....



They both really had a great day! Although, I think Zane is becoming shy. It's hard for me to imagine my kids being shy but recently I have noticed that Zane does not want too much attention pointed at him. Here is what caught my attention - Zane's teacher sent home a bag with each kid on Monday and asked that they place 3 items in that bag that tells something about them. When I asked Zane to get his items together he hesitated and told me he did not want to do it. So much so, that I ended up picking out 3 items and placing them in his backpack. I told him I did it, but let him know he could tell his teacher if he really did not want to participate. Guess what? After school I asked him about it. And he DID NOT participate. So weird, right?! 

Zane also has not wanted to wear glasses... for months now! We cannot get him to wear them. I think he is just self-conscious and does not want to draw attention to himself. We can all relate in some way, right?! Haha! That's a problem for another day...

Anyway - happy first day of school to my boys!

P.S. Yes, Zane has green hair. On purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment