Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Halloween 2020




Halloween started out with a visit to the doctor. Jaxen woke up with a sore throat and knew when I heard him coughing, he had strep. We visited the doctor to confirm the diagnosis, get medicine and ask her opinion on him trick-or-treating. What a bummer to be sick on a holiday, right?!
 
Well, she confirmed the diagnosis and sent the prescription in, with a rush. Thankfully, we were able to give him 2 full doses by mid-afternoon and because he had no fever, she thought as long as he wore a mask, he could participate in Halloween activities. Yea!

Jaxen talked me into a game of Monopoly over lunch...a sick kid can do that, right?!

Football, Queso-Taco Soup, Dt. Mt. Dew, and monopoly!

I made Jaxen (and Zane) rest through the afternoon while Nik and I worked on cleaning out our garage. This is a never-ending task. And worked to get ready for the night...we had plans with our neighbors!

After a few text messages (letting all the mom's on the street know about Jaxen's strep) they all agreed that Halloween was still on. I mean, my kid was playing with their kid the day before. 

Around 4pm neighbors started arriving and we had a great campfire going and a table full of hot dogs, smore's, chips and hot cocoa!

The candy station. No pics of our wonderful food table!

A hot dog and marshmellow - living our best life!

The boys (plus Sayde)...all ready for their friends and trick-or-treating!



The whole crew - all ready to go!

This saying is typically me. 
And Jaxen knows it.
He promptly went through his candy and handed me about 6 Reeses.
I gave them to Nik - it applies to him, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment