Friday, October 16, 2020

Fall Cleaning

I have been deep in a cleaning/purging/organizing mode. No clue why. Most people probably feel this during spring. But for me, it's really kicked in this fall. I think it partially has to do with the fact that I have let things go around here the last few months - and instead, have been enjoying the beautiful warm days. 

Just this last week I have:

  • purged/organized/re-arranged the boys room
  • purged/organized the hall, foyer and office closets
  • painted the upper part of the fireplace
  • cleaned behind the refridgerator
  • purged/organized the pantry
  • deep cleaned our bathroom
  • vacummed out the van

...and there is always so much more to do! 

The boys were home 1/2 day Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - so they have helped around the house with chores each day before playing with friends. We have read more, and Jaxen even worked with Zane to teach him how to write his ABC's! I was actually really impressed with Jaxen. He explained how to write each letter, was pretty patient with Zane and even encouraged/congratulated him when he did well!

 Jaxen helping Zane writing his ABC's


I checked out an Origami book from the library and they have been practicing

The kids spent some time making a birthday card for a friend

We have some fun things ahead this weekend and over the next few weeks. Hopefully that will help me to blog more :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment